I Want to Post as My Page on Someone Else’s Page, but the Posts Show They Are from Me
I get this comment or the question as to how one Page can post on another all the time. Obviously the ability to promote your page on someone else’s Fan Page would be great. What an opportunity that would present for going viral.
Posting from My Page to Another Page
After some serious thought and testing on the issue I came up with a way to do it. It is not 100% fool proof by any stretch, but it can work.
What you need to do is use ShoutOuts! You may wonder what’s a shoutout. It’s the practice of posting something on your Page that includes the name of the Page where you want your post to display and prefacing it with the @ sign. For instance if you post includes @upproach; it will show up on my Page.
Here are the caveats.
- You must be a Fan of the Page where you want to post.
- The Page where you want to post must allow Posts by others.
- You can find out if this is enabled by going to the Page and clicking on the Options button on the upper right corner of the Wall.
- If you see Posts by Page, Posts by Page and Others, or Just Posts by Others; things are looking good and the @ option will work.
- If the Page defaults to Posts by Page and Others all the better; your message will get more visibility.
- Even though the Page allows these Posts; administrators do have the ability to delete your Posts.
- You cannot reply to a Post on the Page. Your post will be a new post.
So there it is. I have tested between my own Pages and found this to work.
Tom Staskiewicz is a Social Media/Social Networking Coach helping businesses, organizations, and individuals to establish and manage their Social Media presence. Your Social Media presence doesn’t just happen and will not take care of itself. Tom helps you with those processes so your Social Media efforts will work for you.